RemonterDescendre
Carpe Alsace
Amis, vous qui venez sur cette page, soyez les bienvenus.

Que vous cherchiez à découvrir notre passion ou que vous soyez à la recherche d’une information liée à la pêche en générale de la Carpe, sachez que ce site vous est dédié

L'équipe CarpeAlsace à décidé de laisser un accès aux visiteurs à une majorité de rubriques, sans pour autant avoir accès à tous les sujets et thèmes présents sur le forum, notamment images
N'hésitez pas à vous inscrire pour les découvrir et voir les images rattachées à ces sujets, une équipe agréable et une ambiance familiale est présente quotidiennement

CarpeAlsace vous souhaite une agréable visite sur le site et le forum,
Des articles et des dossiers, montages carpe, technique carpe, vidéos, récits, astuces sont régulièrement mis en ligne pour le bonheur des lecteurs, les divers sujets et questions lancés par les membres apportent richesse et diversité au forum.

Pour découvrir et vivre avec nous cette passion, il suffit de vous inscrire, nous vous accueillerons avec le plus grand plaisir

A très bientôt

Roger
Administrateur CA

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  CalendrierCalendrier  CA Mag  Album CA  RechercherRechercher  GroupesGroupes  FAQFAQ  Livre d'or  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Liste d'ami  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
UK_Carper

membre
membre

Mon prénom : Mat
Carpiste : entre 10 & 15 ans

MessageSujet: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Mar 16 Mai 2017 - 20:46

If you haven't checked it out already, check out part 1!

So Yesterday I fished Graviere Soufflenheim and blanked although I found a group of fish lounging in the snags. Before I departed last night I came up with a plan and decided to bait a spot for the next morning, hoping that this would hold the fish in the area until this morning. This way I could roll up, fish for the morning with the chance of catching a fish.

I turned up at the lake at 6:30am this morning and started having a look around, checking the margin spots and watching the water like a hawk for signs of fish over the area I had baited last night.

Surely enough the group of fish from yesterday were sat in the same snags, like always this area gets the most sun in the day and the fish love it here. I could repeat yesterdays efforts hoping at a different result but it would be a gamble.

The baited spot in open water was completely free from fish, no jumping carp, no swirls, no bubbles. This was not what I had in plan, but as always fishing doesn't play to the rules.

I kept walking and got back to my car, gazed out at the lake and at this point I had a choice, do I fish that baited spot, or not? Whilst thinking things through a large carp jumped over towards the far margin, in what looks like a real shallow area of the lake, tens minutes pass, and again the carp jumps, this time a better site, a real big mirror! Could it be the one.....

In my relatively short time as a fisherman the biggest lesson I have learnt is that sometimes we have to forget our plans and do something else to succeed, after all I am here to catch that big mirror!

Mind made up, I set out at putting in some bait, whilst doing so a guy turned up to smoke a cigarette and we talked. He was a local and told me that not many fish get caught here in the day, a few fish a season and that most fish come at night. This is not the first time I've heard this said about this lake and it got me thinking....what would put fish off feeding in daylight?

I'm pretty sure I have worked out why this is the case, I'm going to apologize in the fact that I wish to keep this secret...we sometimes have to keep these edges to ourselves... ;-). I will drop hints along the way, but fishing is great when you figure out for yourself why you are not catching, and the rewards of when you do are unparalleled! I've fished here five times and caught all my fish in the day time, and when you look around the answer is often staring you (or perhaps the Carp..) in the face.

8am I start fishing, three rods in position. Today I was going for real simple in terms of rigs, two rods fishing bottom baits on snowman rigs, the other fishing a little white popup on a multi rig. All rods fished over an area of boilies around the size of a tennis court, delivered with a throwing stick.

An hour passes and a few line bites indicate some fish activity in the area, and then suddenly my right rod bursts into life, the bobbin jumping up and down as the fish tries to eject the rig. I run over and lift into the fish...game on!

Into battle we go with an angry carp, and it was really angry! It kites wildly, left and right and in the process swimming through my other lines! Luckily I got him free and lured him in closer in shallower water and it its at this point where you catch your first site of the fish, and....it was a mirror, and it was long! We keep on fighting, and I decided to wade into the lake to make landing the fish easier, the water was really warm! The weather was really lovely...so plenty of time to dry my clothes once the battle was over.

After a series of powerful runs close in the fish slides of the net and I bring her in land.....

I open up the net and take a look....IT WAS MASSIVE!! LIKE, I'm not kidding, I said that last time, but this fish is a BEAST!

I hoisted her up onto the bank and laid her on my unhooking mat, the fish was as long as the mat with it's tale just pointing over the edge.....I need a bigger mat! I then weighed the fish...I have a set of 50lb scales....and it was close to having to buy some scales too!!

Was it the mirror i saw last week? I'm 90% sure it was her. Who knows what comes next, but this fish absolutely smashes my previous personal best which I set at this lake last month. I have no idea what else lives in this lake in terms of size, but I will be buying a new unhooking mat and scales because I think I will need them!

Bad photos again, I'm sorry and I will invest in some better self take equipment. These were taken by a local guy, wish I had more time to photograph this one!
[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir cette image]

Mat needs a bigger mat!

I was only intending on fishing until 12pm, I wanted to go home after this, because my day was complete! But the weather being so good, I got back on to fishing. The sun was shining and my mat and net were now dry so no stinky car, it was 11:15 and I was watching a group of fish drift towards my bait, they were about 30 feet away when my left hand bobbin shot up to the rod blank and started to slowly peel line. 

I was in battle again! This time it was a another mirror, it fought harder than the first and totally wiped my other lines out, leaving a huge mess to sort out! I got him in the net, this one a lot smaller than the first fish but actually the same fish I caught last month, at the same weight, looking in great condition! 

Check out my post "First Alsace Carp" but here he is, one month later! An old friend of mine! I paddled into the lake to release him and cool off in the midday sun. I watched him swim slowly away to a nearby bush.

I guess he finally got his revenge for the first capture as I spent the next half an hour untangling line.....

My first Alsace Carp, for the second time!

It was midday and it was time for me to go, wet nets, wet mat I drove home leaving the aroma of carp in my car! My plan was to sit there and fish until my nets went dry.....as I said, sometimes we have to forget plans.

All the best, keep trying if you're finding it difficult and you will find the answer!

MG
steve67930

Membre d'honneur
Membre d'honneur

Mon prénom : Stève
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.mega-baits.de/MEGA-BAITS:::198.html?XTCsid=e597ca3dbb

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Mer 17 Mai 2017 - 14:59

Good Job mat
Dany 67

Membre d'honneur
Membre d'honneur

Mon prénom : Chuck " Dany " Norris
Carpiste : plus de 20ans

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Mer 17 Mai 2017 - 19:20

beautiful baby C006
Humi67

Membre actif
Membre actif

Mon prénom : Christophe
Carpiste : entre 15 & 20 ans

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Mer 17 Mai 2017 - 21:11

A bientôt Maman !!!

Je suis pêcheur de carpe(s), pas carpiste ...
blechmic

Rédacteur et modérateur
Rédacteur et modérateur

Mon prénom : Michel
Carpiste : entre 1 & 5 ans

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Mer 17 Mai 2017 - 22:27

Thank you for this summary Mat , it's nice to read you
And you are really a good fisherman

Bien que ce soit sans aucun doute la raison pour laquelle la plupart des pêcheurs vont pêcher, prendre quelque chose n'est que la cerise sur un délicieux gâteau. (Rob Beattie)
kevins67

membre
membre

Mon prénom : Kevin

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Sam 20 Mai 2017 - 6:25

Nice story Mat ans what a fish your  season start properly,wish you all thé best  for thé next fishing days
Jean

Membre VIP
Membre VIP

Mon prénom : Jean-Martin

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Jeu 25 Mai 2017 - 23:03

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Jean

Il n'y a de fromage gratuit que dans les pièges à rats.
UK_Carper

membre
membre

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Mar 6 Juin 2017 - 22:02

No Carp this week....only this little Sturgeon! Never caught one of these before, boy do they fight hard!!

blechmic

Rédacteur et modérateur
Rédacteur et modérateur

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Mer 7 Juin 2017 - 12:42

Nice , it changes you from big carps ! Laughing

Bien que ce soit sans aucun doute la raison pour laquelle la plupart des pêcheurs vont pêcher, prendre quelque chose n'est que la cerise sur un délicieux gâteau. (Rob Beattie)
Humi67

Membre actif
Membre actif

Mon prénom : Christophe
Carpiste : entre 15 & 20 ans

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Mer 7 Juin 2017 - 16:18

Nice Fish !!!

Je suis pêcheur de carpe(s), pas carpiste ...
Jean

Membre VIP
Membre VIP

Mon prénom : Jean-Martin

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Mer 7 Juin 2017 - 22:00

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jean

Il n'y a de fromage gratuit que dans les pièges à rats.
Dany 67

Membre d'honneur
Membre d'honneur

Mon prénom : Chuck " Dany " Norris

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Ven 9 Juin 2017 - 17:45

Un tricoteur de ligne LOL Wink
UK_Carper

membre
membre

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Sam 10 Juin 2017 - 22:57

Yeah, this one looks like he has seen a little too much braid! I much prefer mono line and tubing, doesnt cut the fish!
blechmic

Rédacteur et modérateur
Rédacteur et modérateur

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   Sam 10 Juin 2017 - 23:06

UK_Carper a écrit:
Yeah, this one looks like he has seen a little too much braid! I much prefer mono line and tubing, doesnt cut the fish!

Indeed there are some beautiful scars

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2   

Soufflenheim Diaries Part 2

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1